Project Manager – Retail Product Fixtures and Displays
North Kansas City, MO
InStore Design Display (IDD) is an entrepreneurial-minded company with a group of designers, builders, graphic artists, production gurus, fulfillment + storage experts, and sales executives focused on helping brands and retailers build something bigger by providing off-the-shelf and custom product displays and retail environments for our clients.
The Project Manager – Retail Product Fixtures and Displays will report to the Director Project Management and Creative. There will be no supervisory responsibilities, however success in this role requires interacting with and providing direction to numerous internal support functions including purchasing, finance and accounting, prototyping, design/creative and manufacturing as well as working with third-party vendors and direct customer contact as needed.
The Project Manager is responsible for executing the completion of the project at or below estimated costs within the customer approved timeline. PM becomes primary contact for the client during production, keep sales copied on all communications. PM to loop in sales before the client for any issue that affects quality, service, or price.
In general, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
Project Management Sales Support
- Assist sales by being involved in the initial concept discussions with clients, providing technical knowledge to influence design, working with manufacturing to create prototypes if needed.
- Using the creative brief and other information developed, make requests for prototypes and ensure prototypes meet the client requirements in features, quality, and commitment dates. Ship prototypes as required with adequate packing to protect prototypes.
- Assist sales by preparing project estimate/quote information in a format that can be adapted by sales to create an official proposal/quote. Note assumptions and where there is uncertainty in the quoted costs and lead times.
- Follow Project Management SOPs as defined and amended.
- Manage all aspects of completing projects from the Closed/Won state including cost and quality management, design, development, prototyping and working with internal manufacturing and outsourced vendor activities.
- Post Closed/Won, keep the project brief and Monday.com updated and accurate.
- Communicate accurately and effectively with client keeping them informed of the critical client responsible dates and project progress – copy Sales on these communications.
- Prepare a component sheet for each project and work with purchasing to secure outside materials and services noting receiving QC requirements and who will perform the receiving QC check. Provide final component sheet to manufacturing and fulfillment prior to production or assembly at least 24 hours prior to those activities beginning.
- Provide fulfillment with samples for assemblies and sub-assemblies, conspicuously labeled as a sample.
- Ensure sufficient materials are available to complete the project accounting for extras to accommodate scrap, defects, etc.
- Prepare workplans and schedules in coordination with manufacturing and vendors to meet customer requirements and deadlines. Keep workplan updated throughout the life of the project.
- PM is responsible for scheduling and holding the project kickoff meeting for each project, agenda to follow SOP guidelines.
- Manage the art proofing process, obtain client approval on all art prior to production, notify manufacturing of any art changes throughout the process.
- Process change orders per SOP, assess the scope, pricing and timeline impacts, obtain written approval of changes to scope, pricing and timeline. Notify sales of any proposed changes to scope, pricing or timeline before communicating with customer.
- Periodically monitor both manufacturing and fulfillment quality and progress while the project is actively being worked.
- Work with the design team to construct instruction letters for each project.
- Compile project component sheets for fulfillment team.
- Monitor fulfillment activities to ensure product is assembled, packaged and delivered to client’s locations free of damage.
- Prepare various labels required for each project.
- Organizing shipping lists to format according to the shipping method, preparing CAPEs, preparing shipping labels, and tracking shipping for each project. Provide shipping/freight details to Shipping and Receiving, verify the shipment was executed as required.
- At the end of each project, PM will update file with any modifications or changes implemented during the project to ensure an accurate record exists of what was produced.
- Prepare a postmortem of projects within 10 days of project end highlighting results and lessons learned.
Education & Experience
An undergraduate or associates degree in a relevant field is desirable but not required.
Candidate should be mechanically inclined, able to contribute to functional design challenges.
The experience base should consist of a minimum of five years of relevant experience in manufacturing, design, industrial design, and/or project management.
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Sheet metal
- Sheet plastics (acrylic, PETG, PVC)
- Protective coatings
- Electronic control systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, Hubspot, Monday.com.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is desirable but not required.
- Track record should depict solid "instincts" for problem-solving, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Should exhibit a proven record of accomplishment. PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills.
- Proactive, enthusiastic personality with an ability to sell one’s ideas in a confident manner.
- Enthusiastic and curious.
- Ability to manage details, prioritize work and work independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Collaborative work style and a team player.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
Project Management: 5 years (Required)
Retail Displays: 2 years (Preferred)
Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Location: North Kansas City, MO 64116 (Required)
License: Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Company's website: https://www.instoredesigndisplay.com/
Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/InStoreDesignDisplay/
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift, Day shift, Monday to Friday
What is your current salary expectation for this position?
The projected compensation range (e.g., salary plus performance incentive) for this individual will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate. Compensation is supplemented by a benefits package that includes a 401(k) program (with matching feature); major medical; life, short term disability insurance, etc. Some benefits require tenure prior to eligibility. Because the client is seeking someone from the local marketplace, no relocation assistance is anticipated.
Our company firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, sex, color, creed, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A job offer is contingent upon the candidate completing certain documents or performing certain tasks. These contingencies will include a drug test, I-9 form, signed confidentiality agreement, reference checks, or proof of employment eligibility.
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com