North Kansas City, MO
InStore Design Display (IDD) is an entrepreneurial minded with a group of designers, builders, graphic artists, production gurus, fulfillment + storage experts, and sales executives focused on helping brands and retailers build something bigger by providing off-the-shelf and custom product displays and retail environments for our clients.
The Finance Director is a key member of the management team and will report to the CEO. This role has supervisory responsibilities. Success in this role requires interacting with and providing direction to internal staff, collaborating with other departments, as well as working with third party vendors as needed.
The Finance Director will have the following primary roles:
Steward – Managing risk and preserving assets
Operator – Running an efficient and effective finance operation
Strategist –Influencing the future direction of the company
Catalyst – Helping to drive execution
In general, the Finance Director will be responsible for the following:
• Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by monitoring Key Performance Indicators, scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Oversee activities, manage performance, provide feedback, support and coaching of the accounting team.
• Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports and annual budgets.
• Oversee accounts payable to ensure accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
• Oversee accounts receivable to ensure accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components, including billing and cash receipt application.
• Assure corporate tax compliance to ensure accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
• Understand and comply with sales tax requirements in applicable states and file online returns.
• Collaborate with CEO as needed to facilitate financial needs.
• Collaborate with internal staff to ensure business goals are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business administration field.
• CPA certification is desirable but not required.
• Experience base should consist of a minimum of five to ten years of relevant experience of hands-on accounting management in an organization with manufacturing capabilities.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Word, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of accounting, inventory management and manufacturing software. Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is desirable but not required.
• Track record should depict solid instincts for problem solving, collaboration, and teamwork.
• Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization.
• Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Comfortable walking the manufacturing floor and holding people accountable.
• Enthusiastic and curious.
• Strong team leader and manager, and willingness to be a doer.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize work and work independently and with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to teach, train and develop employees, including disciplinary actions when needed.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to seek resources as needed.
• Collaborative work style and a team player.
The projected compensation range (e.g., salary plus performance incentive) for this individual will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate. Compensation is supplemented by a benefits package that includes a 401(k) program (with matching feature); major medical; life, short term disability insurance, etc. Some benefits require tenure prior to eligibility. Because the client is seeking someone from the local marketplace, no relocation assistance is anticipated.
Our company firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, sex, color, creed, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A job offer is contingent upon the candidate completing certain documents or performing certain tasks. These contingencies will include a drug test, I-9 form, signed confidentiality agreement, reference checks, or proof of employment eligibility.If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com